family

family

Friday, June 12, 2009

Top Sail Island

I'm leaving for the beach in less than 18 hours. Can you tell I'm excited?!? I love the beach, and since I live on the East Coast I actually live near beaches (4 hours away). My first trip to the beach was when I was 14 and I went on vacation with a friend's family. Oddly enough we went to NC's OBX and this vacation will be to Top Sail Island (southern OBX). We are renting a beach house with some friends from church.

Normally when I force David to take me to the beach each summer we only go for a day and mostly by ourselves. It's a real commitment to travel to the beach. I even talked David into buying me a beach chair and umbrella. My favorite beaches in the Delmarva area are Ocean City, MD - the best waves ever,
Virginia Beach - thanks to Kelly, and last would be the Delaware beaches - the waves were too rough.

I love feeling the sun on your skin, the cool water that caress your skin, and the way the sand feels between your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...