family

family

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Difficult Week

The past 7 days have brought extensive heart break to many in the US. Last Monday, 9 people lost their live in a horrendous metro cash in DC. Wednesday brought the death of Ed McMahon, Thursday the death of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Today we hear about Billy Mays.

For my own family, I lost an uncle on Tuesday. This morning I was woken to good and bad news. My niece was born this morning around 3:30, but immediately the doctors knew something was wrong. She wasn't crying and her skin was purple. She was diagnosed with a heart problem and rushed to Children's hospital. Her veins and arteries feeding into her heart are switched. She'll be undergoing open heart surgery this week. It so heart breaking. She's being feed through tubes and is hooked up to several machines. The only person that's been able to hold her is my brother and he's taking this very hard. My sister in law is still at a different hospital and hasn't been able to see her daughter yet. I'm debating whether or not to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...