family

family

Friday, September 02, 2016

Friday Favorites: Olympics

I've been trying to keep up with the blog since the birth our our third baby, but it hasn't been easy. I started this post about a week ago and I'm just now getting around to finishing it. I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for today's post.



The Olympics have been over for several weeks now and I'm suffering from withdrawal. To say I love the Olympics would be an understatement. I watched it all day every day while it was on. Here were a few of my favorite moments.

#phelpsface


I mean how can I not mention Michael Phelps. He is an incredible swimmer and not only ended his career as a champion, but he went out with grace and class. I've watched him for the past 3 Olympics and I felt that after London I didn't have much respect for him. Something about the way he carried himself rubbed me the wrong way. I know that he has had some personal struggles over the past few years, but I was happy to see he has turned things around.

The whole #phelpsface was hysterical if you saw the whole thing in real time. The commentary around the event made me laugh and him winning made it that much better.

#finalfive


I love gymnastics. It's my favorite Olympics event. Growing up I wanted to be a gymnast, but I settled for cheerleading instead. These girls were amazing and I can't believe how dominant the team as a whole was. I was a little disappointed that it didn't go down to the final round to reveal a winner. I also learned the Karoli's story during these games as well. Their influence changed the shape of US gymnastics and their legacy will live on. My favorite gymnast from the games is Laurie Hernandez. I adored her spunky personality and I hope to see her in 2020.

Abbey D'Agnostino & Nikki Hamblin


I didn't see the actual race, but I couldn't help but be inspired by the story. The sportsmanship displayed will hopefully be something remember about these games.

I also enjoyed hearing so many of the athletes testimonies.



One thing on my bucket list is to attend an Olympic event someday. Maybe once they make it back to the US I'll have a chance. LOL.

And here are some chalk drawings to celebrate the Olympics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...