family

family

Monday, September 26, 2011

The imfamous Express dress

Back in July I was thumbing through one of my many magazine subscriptions (thank you airlines miles I can't redeem for flights) and came across two new fall dress fashions. They were striped dresses from Express and American Appearal. After collecting my beach garb I headed down Oak St. (pricey store row) to American Apperal. I was a huge fan of the clean navy and white striped dress. Sadly the store did not have the dress in stock. I also realized I'm not hipster enough to pull off AA. I wasn't in love with the Express dress, but I kept it in the back of my mind.

I came across another striped dress, thanks Pinterest, from j-crew that I also adored, however, when I looked at in the store it was shapeless and frumpy. Although I did love the exposed zipper details, I passed on it and instead purchased the Express navy and red dress.

Two weeks later this dress was everywhere. David found a Yahoo story that showed all the celebs who were sporting it. I couldn't believe my eyes. As cheesy as it sounds, I have always pitured myself in one of those who wore it best ads. So here's my interpretation of that ad.

Who wore it best



20%


80%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...