family

family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bathrobes

I spent the last 2 1/2 days in a fabulous hotel in Boston. One of the best things about staying in "luxury" hotel are the bathrobes. They are soft, comfortable, and warm. I'd walk around in them all day if I could.

Growing up I thought bathrobes were worthless. My parents had robes, thank God, but I hated them. I bought my first robe when I went off to college. I shared a bathroom with 30 other girls so the robe was a necessity. That robe stayed with me throughout college. I couldn't bear to throw it out when I moved into a duplex. I never used it, but it was still in good shape.

Preparing for my move to DC I thought as a "grown-up" I needed to have a robe. At this point in my life I probably didn't need a robe, but I can't you how useful it's been and how much I love it. I don't know the lifespan of a robe, but I think mines hitting the retirement age. A part of me can't bear to part with it, we've been through so much. I'm looking for ideas if anyone has a brand they recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...