family

family

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

I've always enjoyed Halloween. Every year that I could I've dressed up and gone trick or treating and attended some type of "Harvest Festival". In high school my friends would spend the night at my house and we would dress up and go trick or treating. At that time digital cameras weren't mainstream yet, thus all my photos are plastered in my scrapbooks. In college, I always attended the BSU's trick or treat for canned goods. College kids have really creative ideas for costumes.

Since I married and moved away, I haven't participated in Halloween as much except for dressing up as a "burrito" and going to Chipotle. That will never get old for me. This year instead of giving away free burritos, they will be selling them for $2 if you come dressed up a horrifying processed food. Not as easy as a burrito, but still fun.

Last year my cousin celebrated her wedding reception on Halloween. It was so much fun. I was in Chicago for work and rode to Cinncinati with my sister, Jon, and David. We met up with my parents and brother's family. It was the first time I remember purchasing a costume for halloween, a beer wench. We always made costumes growing up. One year my family dressed up as coach potatoes, with box couches and everything.

This year, we've been invited to a law school friend's party. David is feeling ill, but I'm forcing encouraging him to take me. I really want to wear my costume again.

What was your favorite halloween costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...