family

family

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

something new everyday

let's see....i was having lunch with my co-workers, i have lunch buddies!!!...and we were discussing this inter-office thingy that we have. and i found out that you can earn points for free stuff, amazon, plane tickets, etc... i was blown away. i could have earned a free trip somewhere these past two weeks, when i have been doing absolutely nothing. so after lunch, i figure that i will have plenty of time to browse the site in hopes of earning myself something grand and wouldn't you know that i actually have work to do. nothing taxing, but still i was looking forward to earning my points. last year you earned money for surfing the site. each day brings something new.

when i had some time i did some surfing and came upon an article about public speaking. so, i peaked at it. there were several words that caught my eye and intrigued me to read farther. it said "don't apologize". now i know that may seem obvious or elementary, but it hit me. i have a tendency to apologize for no reason. if i mess something up or do something else my reaction is to say i'm sorry and take the blame, even if it not my own fault. this isn't the first time that i have realized my tendency to do this, but when i started my new job i made a point to myself not to apologize for things. so far so good. i realized that it makes me seem insecure and unconfident. something that i clearly proved in my interview. it's just something that i need to work on. i used to be so self-assured. well anyway...

i started this yestarday and i am finishing it while something downloads. i actually have things to do today. i can't remember what i was going to write yestarday, but i will fill you in on some details of my life in the past few days, i know that you are dying to read. i found out that two more couples i know are pregnant!!! ahhh...scary.. at least there is one other couple here who do not want kids just yet..thank you ryanne and jon. i finished another book, and i started the 5 cofn book. i am moving toward my goal, but other books keep getting in my way. i stumbled upon an author that i really enjoy, jodi piccoult, the book i have read of hers are the pact, i just finished it, and my sister's keeper. i am going to buy keeping the faith tonight.

since david will be working all hours of the day this weekend, i will have plenty of time to watch movies from netflix, thanks to kelly, read, and maybe even do some shopping!!! i get my first pay check tomorrow!! woo-hoo. however, it's direct deposit and i don't know if i'll get a stub. so much for framing.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous29.9.05

    you crack me up! i'm really glad you got one of these things. i think i'm learning more about the inner workings of ur mind. glad to hear u sounding so chipper. i miss you intensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30.9.05

    Hey Laura! Yay for a blogger who actually blogs. I enjoy reading! Thanks for keeping us posted! Check out my picture site if u havent seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous30.9.05

    (you do that by clicking on my name above... i posted some wedding pics from y'alls wedding on it!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...