family

family

Sunday, September 18, 2005

good times with old friends

old friends are the best! i talked to one of my oldest friends tonight. we kinda have an unique relationship. see, we meet the summer after our eighth grade year at a camp in middle eastern mo. we quickly became friends, however i don't quite remember what draw us together. we were inseperable the whole time we were there. the only draw back about our relationship was that we have never, except for maybe a few times, spent much time together. our friendship bloomed through 10 page letters, all throughout high school. see she was from columbia, and i st. charles. between when we meet and when we graduated i think we maybe saw each other 3 times. usually it was when i went to chicago, or she came to columbia. now you may be thinking to yourself, how could a relationship like that last for so long? my take on it is that we both needed a friend that was impartial that we could trust to be honest with each other. we lost touch for a few years. but, we have rekindled our relationship.we now correspond through e-mail and maybe a phone call 3 times a year. i know most people wouldn't think that we could be close, but she knows so much about me and has seen/read me through a lot of things and vice versa. one thing that i have realized since i moved here is, friends close to the heart, no matter how far a part will always remain close. distance and time may seperate two people, but they will always be able to pick up where things left off. i am a firm believer in that! love can do so much!

i finished captivating by stasi eldredge yestarday, and one of the things that continues to stand out in my mind is what she says about women and friends. first off, she says that you need them, who knew. she goes on to explain that each one of our friends is a vital part of us and that no one else can replace the part they have in our life. i feel that this is very true. she also says that you can have no more than three good friends at any given time. just look at jesus's life. he had the 3 and the 12. the heart cannot give to more than three people at a time. maybe i can use that to justify why some past relationships have failed, or that girls are jealous of other girls. i know that God heals those hurts, and gives us other people to feel the void. ok, enough with my soap box. i highly recommend this book to girls who have experienced some sort of self doubt, depression, or another form of unpleasant experience in their life. she uses biblical principles and her own experience to put things in perspective. i am very thankful that God has given me some girlfriends here. it was getting kinda lonely. but, all you friends back home remember you hold a very dear place and always will in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. You've made your blog public and that's why you are getting these spam messages from BoB and stuff.

    I don't know if I believe that 3 friend thing. I mean, I'm very close with my mom, but do I count her? I don't think we have to used everything Jesus did. Otherwise we all should write in the dirt when approached with a question. But that's just my opinion. I haven't read the book.

    Love you, babe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...