family

family

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Whatever Thursday

Back in May I got a membership to the Y. I signed C up for gymnastics and it wasn't much more to add the membership and get access to the pool. Let's just say that I didn't get much use out of the membership and after May we didn't sign C back up for gymnastics. It's not that she didn't like it, but we went on vacation and I completely forgot. However, I did start using the gym after vacation. The pool might have been the biggest disappointment. The Y has an activity pool just for kids that is only 2 feet deep except for the slide area. I had visions that we would be lounging by the pool every afternoon. Well the activity pool was only open through the weekends in May and part of June. Then when it opened during the week it was only open from 3-8. Finally after the 4th of July it started opening in the mornings. We tried to go at least twice a week after I would work out. It recently closed during the week which bummed us out. Now that the pool is closed we are looking to join gymnastics again.

Anyway the whole reason I mention the gym is because I'm a gym virgin and I'm wondering about locker room etiquette. This is my first gym membership. I don't use the locker room very often, but I'm curious as to what the unspoken rules are. I've used the showers twice. Some people are very free with themselves in the locker room, something I'm not totally comfortable with myself but to each her own. I've thought about leaving stuff in a locker, but since I'm not there everyday it seems pointless. However, I don't enjoy lugging my shower stuff with me when I do bring it.

Lastly, I love that they have a child watch program. When I first started going C was sleeping in more and I could go by myself. Since we has been waking up early I have to take her with me. It's nice to be able to drop her off and enjoy up to 2 hours of me time. Today we had our first mishap, another girl bit her. It was a pretty good bite but at least it didn't break the skin. I know this could happen anywhere, so I wasn't upset at the workers. I hope that she isn't afraid to go back.

I really want to go apple picking this fall. The season here seems to be short and we have a busy September. So far the only times that I tell the orchards are open are on the weekends. They are open usually one day a week for groups. The weekends I feel are the worst time to go as a family. The orchards are an hour and half away at least and everyone and their mother is probably there. I think it would make for a cute photo op, bring pregnant and all. I guess there is always the pumpkin patch if we don't make it to the orchards.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...