family

family

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pinterest Weekend Edition: Wood Projects

I've had these pins pinned forever. I waited until we moved and waited some more to start them. I wish I had taken a few more photos of the process, but with a 1 year old I'm lucky to get anything accomplished. These projects took me weeks to complete, but are really easy.

First up a place to organize and display my running accomplishments. I thought about cutting my race bibs and making coasters with them, but I knew the coaster thing wouldn't last long and in the end I would probably be disappointed cutting them. When I found this idea I knew it was perfect for me. And it was easy to complete. Here's the quick DIY tutorial without pics. 

Materials:

Piece of wood cut to size. 
1small can of Wood Stain (was enough for this project and the project below)
C hooks (2 for bibs and several for medals)
Paint or Sharpie for words. I used sticky vinyl and my cricut machine. 

Stain wood to desired shade. Draw letters on wood. Screw in C hooks and add bibs and medals. Viola your done. 


The next one is one of those growth rulers. I loved tracking my growth growing up. Since we move pretty regularly I thought this was the perfect solution for our needs. I'm still figuring out how we can track her growth in a creative way. Stay Tuned. 

Materials:
Piece of wood
Stain (I used the same one for metal organizer. It only took one small can)
Paint or Sharpie for words. I used sticky vinyl and my cricut machine. 




What have you been up to? I have one, maybe two more Christmas Pinterest projects I'm working on this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...