family

family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back in the Running Habit

I haven't run since last November when I completed the San Antonio 1/2 marathon. Shortly after that I found out I was pregnant and decided that I needed to take a break from exercising. I was tired, then came the holidays, then the cold, etc I was never short of excuses for not running.

Finally David and I decided that we would start working out after our babymoon. That would mean that today was the day we started exercising again. I already had my excuses planned out for why I couldn't run today. I have a JL meeting after work then our apartment building is hosting BINGO night, so I wouldn't have time to fit in running.

BUT as luck would have it I was wide awake at 4:00 am this morning. Apparently no one told my body we weren't in Spain anymore. As I laid awake for an hour praying exhaustion would overtake my body and force me back to sleep, the hubs rolled over just as wide awake and suggested jokingly I'm sure that we should go running. I said ok, but only if we weren't asleep in 20 minutes. As you might guess neither one of us was able to go back to sleep so at 6:00 we got up and went for a jog. The beautiful weather also made a great case for running outside. It was nowhere near the pace or distance I'm accustom to, but it did feel good to get back in the habit.
We'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...