family

family

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello New Year

As one of my new year's resolution I committed to be a better blogger. January is now half over and I have failed been unsuccessful in my attempt. But, here I go.

This weekend we had visitors in town from DC. Matt and David met working together at the government some 7 years ago. Wow I can't believe it's been that long. His now wife and I became quick friends because of our similiar interests: shopping, reading and tv. She converted me into a Twihard was with me when I bought my first expense purse and introduced me to some beloved tv shows.

This was their second visit to Chicago. They also came to visit us last year at the same time. Last year we hit up the sites: Sears Tower (I refuse to call it Willis), John Hancock, the Bean, Magnificient Mile and local eateries. This year we kept is casual visitng Shed, more eateries and shopping. It was so nice to have a low key visit where we could just hang out. Especially since we haven't seen each other in a year. The visit reminded me how much I miss them.

We almost dressed up for the Golden Globes last night. Instead after a day of shopping we broke out the sweats and indulged on chips/dips/carrots, Garretts popcorn, pizza and humus. The food and company were great the awards show not so much.

Did you watch?

our friends left this morning and I made my way to work. It's a little depressing knowing that most people have the day off and I'm stuck here at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...